Taking on a temporary role can be a great alternative to permanent work and an excellent career choice. The benefits include:
- Temping can give an incite into different industries and roles, giving you the opportunity to try new things and discover first hand what you like and dislike and define your strength and weaknesses.
- Temping give you control over your career and working life, allowing you to choose when you work, where and how long for. Temping can be ideal for those who like to travel and
- Temping can be a great way to gain experience and new skills. It’s also an excellent way to develop you CV, particularly if you are a new graduate or returning to work after a period of time.
- Temping is a great way to meet new people and network within your industry of choice. Use your experience to make connections which may help your career in the future. It’s also a good opportunity to learn about different working cultures and management styles.
- Temping can be a great way to get your foot in the door of a company you would like to work for, While there, you can get an insight into the culture of the organisation and any permanent opportunities that might be available there.
- Temping can be a good way for your employer to asses your capabilities, attitude and work ethic before offering you a permanent position.
If working as a temp sounds like the right choice for you, register your CV with us here or call Deirdre on 051 878 813 for more information.